=== [[单词]] ===
=== [[单词]] ===
==== [[不规则动词表|Irregular Verbs]] ====
==== [[不规则动词表|Irregular Verbs]] ====
2020年1月16日 (四) 20:56的版本
now that 既然
in that case 既然那样
“In face of”是面对，不顾的意思，而“in the face of”表示在面对……的时候，表示一个场景。
On duty 值班
hope/wish for sth 希望得到某物
suggest （sb./sb’s ）doing sth.
Suggest +that sb. (Should )
Make a point to 强调
Set an example for 为……树立榜样
Put yourself down轻视
Make a list of 列一个……的清单
Where there is a will,there is a way.
Study must come first.
1.It is important for everyone to learn English well in our rapidly developing world.
同样句型包括：It is important/（necessary, difficult, convenient, possible）for sb. to do sth.
2. The harder you work at it, the more progress you will make.
(2)比较级+and+比较级（The world is getting smaller and smaller.）
3. If everyone makes a contribution to protecting the environment, the world will become much more beautiful.
类似的句型还有：If necessary…, they can…
4. The best way to remember new words is to practice them everyday.
5. The atmosphere in my family is fantastic
6. The reason why people choose to live in the city is that the life is more convenient and colorful.
7. I had a great first impression of American people.
8. We have lots of confidence in our ability to solve any problem.
9. With the rapid development of modern technology, the Internet has become a necessary part of our daily life and work.
10. You should read as many books as you possibly can.
11. China is becoming more and more prosperous because of the reform and “opening up” policy.
12. We all need clean air to breathe; we all need clean water to drink; we all need green places to enjoy.
13. Let’s work together to make our world a better place.
14. We should make full use of our time to do useful and productive things.
15. We should get into the good habit of using our time wisely.
16. What I really want to know is whether he will go abroad next month?
17. Television is harmful to developing minds.
18. Children usually have far more potential than their parents had realized
19. In the past 10 years, great changes have taken place in our school.
20. People who spend more time with their families are usually healthier and happier.
Do right things at the proper time，or it's too late to regret for what has passed．
A grasshopper （蚱蜢）was playing the violin when he saw some ants busy （41）___ food．"Why are you working on such a beautiful day？"he asked．
"We must collect food now，"said the queen of the ants．"If we don't，what will we do when （42）___comes？"
"Oh，winter is a long way off，"said the grasshopper．"You take life much too （43）___．"
"But you must （44）___today if you want to eat tomorrow，"said the little ant．"You can play your violin after you've finished your work．"
The grasshopper didn't want to follow her （45）___．He went away，singing． Spring soon passed and the warm summer came．All day long the grasshopper played the （46）___．Soon summer was over．And then autumn passed，too．One morning，the grasshopper woke up and was （47）___to find that snow had fallen during the night．"Why？Had the long winter come？"he said to himself．
The grasshopper wandered around looking for a place to keep （48）___but there was no such place．"How（49）___I was not to listen to the ants．While I am dying of cold and （50）___they are sitting in their warm nest with plenty to eat．"
The grasshopper was soon frozen stiff （冻僵的）．The ants picked him up and carried him to their nest．The grasshopper learned a lesson he would never forget．
41．A．planting B．collecting C．making D．producing
42．A．Spring B．Summer C．Autumn D．Winter
43．A．granted B．slow C．easy D．seriously
44．A．sleep B．play C．work D．relax
45．A．steps B．advice C．pattern D．request
46．A．violin B．drums C．chess D．guitar 47．A．glad B．surprised C．anxious D．shame
48．A．quiet B．clean C．silent D．warm
49．A．silly B．clever C．helpless D．useful
50．A．influence B．pride C．regret D．hunger．
You must think a computer is the best thing in the world, right? You must think it works at a super speed and can do everything? Well, it’s not! In fact, the brain is much more powerful than any super computer! Think about when a glass is just about to fall off the table. Your brain controls everything that you need to do to save that glass from falling. First your eyes check out what’s going on, then tell your brain, and your brain decides how quickly you need to react(反应), and then your muscles(肌肉) go into action. That is just from your brain. No computer could ever come close to that!
The brain weighs just 3 pounds, but it controls everything you do from thinking, learning, feeling even to breathing and your heart beating. Even though the brain is just 2% of your body weight, it uses around 20% of all your energy in your body. That is a lot for such a small organ(器官). There are about 100 billion tiny, tiny little cells(细胞) in your brain. There are so many that it would take you over 3,000 years to count them all!
Your brain stops growing when you’re 18, but it actually keeps on developing and learning new things. So your parents are really super smart! You won’t be able to fool them! Believe it or not, your brain NEVER stops working. Even during sleeping, the brain works for long-term memory establishment(建立). It is realized that the brain is the second organ in the body as the heart that never stops during human lives.
So everyone should be proud of such a gift of nature.
【小题1】In Paragraph 1, the writer wants to tell us.
A．eyes and muscles react quickly
B．the brain controls everything in your body
C．the computer is the best thing in the world
D．the brain is more powerful than any computer
【小题2】In Paragraph 2, the underlined word “That” refers to(指的是).
A．the body weight B．2% of the body weight
C．all energy in the body D．around 20% of the energy in the body
【小题3】Which is RIGHT according to the passage?
A．The brain doesn’t work during sleeping
B．The brain is the only organ that never stops
C．The brain keeps growing during human lives
D．The brain keeps on developing during human lives
【小题4】Which word can best describe the brain according to the passage?
A．Magic B．Quick C．Light D．Developing
【小题5】In which magazine can the passage be found most probably?
A．Business Weekly B．Medicine C．Science D．Sports